LVT flooring, or luxury vinyl tile flooring, has gained popularity in recent years due to its durability, low maintenance, and affordability. It has become a go-to choice for homeowners and businesses alike. However, it is important to understand that lvt flooring should be considered a tactic, not a strategy. In this article, we will delve into the reasons why lvt flooring should be viewed as a tactic, how to sell it, and how to overcome common objections.
Why lvt flooring is a tactic, not a strategy
Lvt flooring should be viewed as a tactic, not a strategy because it is not a long-term solution for flooring needs. It is a cost-effective way to improve the appearance and functionality of floors, but it does not have the same durability and longevity as other flooring options, such as hardwood or tile. Lvt flooring is designed to last for about 10-15 years, whereas hardwood and tile can last for several decades. Therefore, it is important to consider a space’s long-term goals and needs when choosing flooring options.
Another reason lvt flooring is a tactic, not a strategy, is that it is unsuitable for all spaces. Lvt flooring is best suited for areas with high foot traffic, such as entryways, kitchens, and bathrooms. It is not recommended for areas with excessive moisture or temperature fluctuations, such as basements or outdoor spaces. Therefore, it is important to assess the specific needs of space before selecting lvt flooring.
How to sell lvt flooring
When selling lvt flooring, it is important to emphasize its benefits and suitability for specific spaces. Here are some tips on how to sell lvt flooring effectively:
- Emphasize durability: lvt flooring is designed to withstand heavy foot traffic, spills, and stains. It is a durable and cost-effective flooring option that can last for up to 15 years with proper maintenance.
- Highlight low maintenance: lvt flooring is easy to clean and maintain. It does not require sanding, sealing, or polishing like hardwood or tile. A simple sweep and mop are all that is needed to keep lvt flooring looking new.
- Focus on affordability: lvt flooring is a cost-effective flooring option that provides the look and feel of hardwood or tile without the high cost. It is a great choice for homeowners and businesses on a budget.
- Showcase design options: lvt flooring comes in a variety of colors and patterns, allowing customers to choose the perfect look for their space. From wood-look planks to stone-look tiles, every design style has an lvt flooring option.
When selling lvt flooring, it is common to encounter objections from customers. Here are some common objections and how to overcome them:
- “Lvt flooring looks cheap”: emphasize the design options available with Lvt flooring. Show customers how lvt flooring can provide the look and feel of hardwood or tile without the high cost.
- “Lvt flooring is not as durable as hardwood or tile”: acknowledge that Lvt flooring is not as durable as hardwood or tile, but emphasize its suitability for specific spaces. For high-traffic areas, lvt flooring is a durable and cost-effective option.
- “Lvt flooring is not environmentally friendly”: explain that Lvt flooring is made from recycled materials and is recyclable at the end of its lifespan. Also, emphasize that lvt flooring does not require harsh chemicals for cleaning, making it an eco-friendly option.